- Lime Crime Squash Velvetine. Limecrime was having an insane 75% off sale, and my curiosity and insane prices got the best of me, and I have nothing like Squash… you get the drift. I joined in a local buyer’s co-purchase which cost me $9.40.
- The Ordinary skincare. I was doing a co-share purchase, and after accounting for the small profit, my actual spending on my own products came out to: $15 for 7 items
- 3 Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Intense eyeshadows, which are my weaknesses. They’re SO PRETTY. Because I bought these off someone who was destashing, 3 of them came up to (*drumroll*) $25. Which is like half price of 1, retail.
- Hot Rollers: I found a heated ceramic set for $20, which I thought was a total steal. I love waves and though my hair is a little short, we’ll see what I can do!
- Shoes: I found a nude pair of heels on Zalora that I loved. I’m still breaking them in, but they’re a good height (ie very high) and fairly comfortable thus far. $35
Other spending: $11 (treated a colleague to lunch) + $3.20 (lor mee for myself – yum!!) + $5.50 + $35 (brunch with girlfriends – thank goodness I don’t do this often…)
Okay, obviously I went way overboard this month, because I went out with my girlfriends to a relatively fancy place (which I almost never do.) I also bought a fair number of things. I will try to do better next month. At least I definitely wouldn’t need to buy any skincare for the next few months, so long as I stop buying makeup……
(apparently I didn’t take a pic of my trash this month.)
- GNC Vitamin C cream: review here. My sister did help a little in using this up. I still like this as a basic, no frills moisturizer, but like I said, it’s not actually cheaper to buy this retail compared to the CosRX ones which I love. So I wouldn’t repurchase.
- OST C20 Vitamin C serum: review here. I’m trying out the Vitamin C Suspension from The Ordinary right now, so I wouldn’t repurchase, but it was a solid item that did its job and was cheap. May repurchase in the future if I can’t get Vitamin C at decent prices.
Total empties for the year: 7
You know what I really, REALLY wish for? I REALLY want to be 50kg or less. I think a very toned me with little excess padding would be at 48kg. I’m currently at 51kg, down from 53kg, and I know if I stop eating all the bloody chocolates and biscuits and nonsense in the office I’ll be healthier and also leaner, but sometimes when I’m stressed I just want to stuff Kitkats into my face, you know??? I have to work on my self-control. I’ve been melting away some excess padding slowly by cutting down on portions and exercise. Also doesn’t help that I’ve done my biological duty and given birth…
You know what else I seriously want? After seeing the hilarious reviews for Juliette Has a Gun and Atelier Cologne perfumes from Badoutfitgreatlipstick and Brutally Honest Beauty, I’m totally obsessed. I want some of that niche perfumery action!!! Atelier Cologne offers huge 200ml sizes at $195 USD and up, with a complimentary 30ml purse size and a leather case with engraving of your choice, which is a gorgeous touch I’m in love with. Thinking about 200ml of perfume makes me shudder though, you have to REALLY commit to it, for like, 5 years at the very least to finish it off. My V&R Flowerbomb, though having been around for 2 years or so and used very frequently and liberally, is only 1/3 gone. I’ll probably grab the sample set some time in the future, which seems a steal (33 for $50 SGD)